Battery and Charger Do's and Dont's
Your Lithium battery is supplied complete with charger and battery protector case. The battery is shipped with only a partial charge, before you use the battery for the first time you will need to charge it fully with the charger supplied until the LED turns green. No other charger should ever be used with this battery.
Whilst your battery is charging, take time to read these instruction carefully.
Your battery is high performance 12 volt battery packed with the latest technological advances in power storage and delivery. A small amount of care and attention will ensure a long and efficient life so please read on.
- Always charge your battery directly after each use. One of the most damaging things you can do to any battery is leave it in a discharged condition. It is recommended that you recharge your battery within a maximum of 3 days after its last use.
- Your battery should be stored and recharged in a dry environment between 0 degrees Centigrade to 35 degrees Centigrade. It can be used in temperatures of -10 degrees Centigrade to +45 degrees Centigrade but any long term storage at extreme temperatures i.e. car boot at the height of summer, should be avoided.
- To clean your battery. just use a damp cloth. Do not use any solvents or abrasive cleaners.
- Do not short the terminals or open the casing. There are no serviceable parts inside and to do so would invalidate your warranty.
- Do not drop, throw or puncture the battery.
- Do not disassemble the battery.
- Do not use or store in extreme temperatures.
- Do not charge through the discharge outlet.
- Do not solder anything directly to the terminals.
- Do not charge with a Lead Acid charger.
- Do not immerse in water or other liquid
- Do not short the battery terminals.
The battery charger is a specially designed 3-4 amp Lithium Phosphate battery charger. It contains many advanced features, including Short-Circuit protection, Overload Protection, Reverse Polarity Protection.
How to charge your battery?
- Please check your mains supply conforms to the charger specification 110v-240v at 50-60Hz
- Only charge in a well ventilated dry environment and ensure the charger is not covered and that the fan is uninhibited.
- Connect the charger to the battery using the charging socket on the side of the battery.
- Connect the charge to the mains wall socket and turn on the power. LED will confirm the power is on with a red light.
- LED will show red while battery is charging, when the charging cycle is complete, the LED will show green.
- A full charging cycle should take up to 5-6 hours. However this could vary depending on the level of discharge, battery conditions and age of the battery, and could take over 6 hours when the battery is new
- The charger can be left connected to the battery if required, however it's recommended to disconnect the charger from both the mains supply and the battery once charging is complete.
- Do not immerse in water or any other liquid.
- Do not drop of throw the charger.
- Do not use if cables are frayed or damaged.